FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking reward flight using Avios on mixture of AA / Cathay flights
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:46 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by the_outcast
Understood, thanks again.

Looking ahead, AA has economy reward seats available for a large part of early December, but where I'm looking (about a week before Christmas), there is nothing yet - presumably just not released yet. However, for those where economy reward seats are available, there is no business availability. Is it possible to mix cabins on a multi-partner booking?

I would be tempted to wait an extra week for that to become available, and then just book the outbound leg. Although the problem with that is it then becomes two one-way tickets, which I make to be 140,000 Avios each way, or 280k in total, so that ends up being a huge leap on 200k Avios.
Yes, mixed-class bookings are available on a BA multi-partner redemption.

​​​​​​​What is the date of your return trip on CX back to JFK? If Avios seats on the CX return flights are already available, you could do BDA-JFK-HKG-MNL-HKG-JFK for 200,000 Avios in Business, and then book a separate ticket (cash or Avios) later on for JFK-BDA. (The BAEC multi-partner redemption permits an open jaw.) Or, if BAEC permits changes for a fee to multi-partner redemptions (I don't know if they do or don't), you could just try to change your ticketed redemption by adding a JFK-BDA leg if and when Avios seats become available on that leg.