FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Constitution-Free Zone Alive & Well!
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:37 pm
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
wow, you are willing to give up your rights pretty easily.

I don't want to live in a country where citizens have carry ID at all times to prove their citizenship to federal authorities upon random demand.

We could go back in forth, but since the CBP is part of the executive branch, they can only carry out specific laws authorized by Congress. And no one has been able to provide the law that requires citizens to always carry proof of citizenship upon demand in the US. If you can provide me that law, then you can make the claim that requiring citizens to carry ID at all times is constitution. It isnt.
I haven't given up anything. I don't think you fully understand the original topic of this thread.

I never stated that a citizen has to carry ID. I said that visitors to this country are required to carry certain documents. I did say that in some cases it might be the lesser of evils to show some form of identity. In other words I would present ID before going to jail. The law allows a CBP officer to determine citizenship, how they do that is usually just a question but if they question your status you can be taken into custody until your status is determined.

You did state that it is a violation of the constitution to provide ID. Since we are talking about in the border zone I have to question the accuracy of that statement.