FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed aircraft changed from lie flat bed to angle seat!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:09 am
ermen

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by QRC3288

Of course, presumably all pax on the OPs flight were screwed....but I don't think it changes my feeling. If you burned 10k Avios or whatever it is, that's definitely a "steal" in J class on this sector. You can easily pay $2k USD round trip. You just move on.
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Well, the OP is the one moaning and he/she paid Avios, which is AFAIK the hands down cheapest way to book that seat. That's kinda my point. I don't have too much sympathy here given what a great deal those Avios J fares are anyway. And I'd say the OP still got a good deal even with the angled seat. Where it sucks is if you're paying real money and get the swap.
Originally Posted by percysmith
20k Avios HKG-SIN one-way but point taken - that is still the fare for a regional J, non-lie flat seat.

I did suggest CX sell long-haul J on regional routes as First to avoid any expectations shortfall https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...ling-idea.html
It is actually expensive to redeem CX regional J. Avios 2x the cost of an economy ticket (J HKG-SIN is definitely not 2x the value of Y)? I cringe when I have to pay those prices.