FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Now I remember why I miss USAirways
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:07 pm
BWISkyGuy

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I agree...

I've actually shifted a good bit of my flying back through CLT lately. I get a mix of LAA/LUS equipment (and hence inflight crews) either way now, but I've come to the conclusion that at least on shorter flights the lack of inflight power on the LUS A321's and A320's means less to me than the great service provided to me by the majority of CLT crews and ground staff. Sure, CLT can be a sardine can most of the day, the clubs don't have showers (and the B club barely has bathrooms), and I do like the 738's seatback AVOD, but it's not like AA's other hubs aren't also packed, and not enough 738's ever got seatback screens to make that worth counting on. (Yeah, I know, US's "fault.")

Before being driven away by HP Management's changes in '06-'07ish, I originally came to be a customer of US from Piedmont, and I still see that spirit in a LOT of CLT-based employees, both new and old. I can't fly [THAT] Piedmont today, but I can choose to spend a part of my day with people that make me feel like Piedmont's employees did back then.

Just my feeling...