FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ex-DUB question
Thread: ex-DUB question
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:17 am
MPH1980

Originally Posted by djwam
Hi All,

Flying to the US on sunday, with a ex-DUB flight, and it got me thinking about changing flights.
Basically I wasn't brave enough to book a proper BtoB, so I get the early flight (lands at 9:40). My US ticket gets me on the 1pm flight, not on the 10:30 (which would use my inbound plane).

My reasoning was that given I didn't know the terminal at all, and given what people mentioned regarding doing a BtoB in Dublin (security to go through etc etc), it would be risky. Now, what I wonder is the following :
Assuming I end up doing the "transfer" quickly enough, do you think it'd be possible for me to ask the BA desk to put me on the earlier (BtoB) plane (assuming hand luggage only). Or is it impossible given I'd be arriving too late ?
I asked the last time I did this and got told (rather firmly) no in a repeated number of ways. "the flight is full" ("but you were selling tickets a few minutes ago"), "I can't adjust tickets here" ("But someone did that for me a while ago"), "You need to ask at the check in desks".

Basically - I was left with the impression they didn't want to do it.