FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flat Tyre Rule | Cut Off For Meal Loading | Missed Flight
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:49 am
Airprox

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Is the flat tyre rule a guarantee ? e.g should I have been offered to change the flight if I could prove why I couldn't get to the airport in time or is it a goodwill / unwritten type rule? Also guessing that regardless of how delayed the flight was I missed the original time so was offloaded?
It is written in the Conditions of Carriage, section 3c4, but unless you specifically quote it to BA and insist they stick to their side of the CoC then you're unlikely to find them ever offering it.

3c4) If you need to change any aspect of your transportation because of events beyond your control, you must contact us as soon as possible. We will use reasonable efforts to transport you to your next stopover or final destination, without re-calculating the fare.

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Regarding the meal is this something I can be recompensed for ? To be fair I am not bothered about not getting fed as they got me home in the end but recovering some of the avios would be nice
Yes complain and you will get a few avios, maybe 2500-4000. At LHR in theory a spare meal can be brought to the aircraft until very close to departure, in practice I don't believe they bother much.