FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:23 am
hclee01

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
IC Bangkok

Intercontinental Bangkok

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Mostly yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Executive Deluxe. Subsequently received email to inform me that the 2-tier upgrade room which is Corner Suite is full and offered to revise price by THB1,200++ for stay (I am using the BOGO voucher). I have responded that I am celebrating my Birthday and would like to check if there are able to offer the upgraded room. They then committed that upgraded room (i.e. Corner Suite) is available.

How are the rooms?
Large room with a separate living room, bedroom and the toilet. Room is clean, but the sound proofing is not that great and at times, I can hear the conversation next time. My neighbours are Japanese and I can hear their conversation from time to time, especially when i am seated at the desk with my laptop near the connecting door between my room and theirs.

How is the exec. lounge?
Much better than before. It is no longer very crowded. They will check against the list to ensure that the guest is eligible to use the Club Lounge. Service is still great. Breakfast is nice with various Thai, Western, Chinese and Japanese hot meal choices. However, the evening cocktail food selection is limited (especially the warm food selection) compared to the past (around 1 - 2 years ago).

I check-in at the lounge and they probably note from system that it was my birthday. The staff came by with a plate filled with some cakes and 2 candles and sang a birthday song to me. A warm touch by the team.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A bottle of red wine and a thai cloth (i think)
In addition, as it was my birthday, there was a small birthday cake and a card signed by the Housekeeping team.

How was the minibar?
Was ok with selection of alcohol and soft drinks

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- Good location
- Excellent and attentive service by staff
- Lounge breakfast service and offering was great

-Bad
​​-
They have tried not to "offer" me the 2-tier upgrade that is to be provided to RA. They have claimed in the email that upgrade is subject to availability as opposed to guarantee upgrade. This was quickly sorted out thereafter
​​​​
Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
- Good as I was using BOGO voucher
​​​​​​​
Would you return?
- Yes, for its location and service by staff