FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GoFast rates (+3000pts) more expensive than cash?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:48 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's kind of a shame that they've been making the Go Fast rates (money + 3000 points) significantly more expensive. I guess nobody really knows what Wyndham does, because none of the bloggers seem to follow them much. The problem with the Wyndham program is that it really only makes sense to redeem 15,000 points for their great properties -- and these are scarce. Nobody wants to redeem for a Super 8. But if they logically offered the inexpensive motels at cheap Go Fast prices -- like having the cash supplement be only $30 -- the Wyndham program would be great. In the past couple years, I have had some good Go Fast redemptions (in places like Hawaii and Argentina) but now almost all the Go Fast supplements seem too expensive. Not sure what Wyndham is thinking. Given that the majority of their properties are lower priced motels, it would seem to make sense that their customers would want to redeem for these properties as well. I'm guessing some members do blow 15000 points on a $79 hotel room, but I'm sure most don't. It kind of saps the enthusiasm to be an active participant in their loyalty program.