FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:02 pm
Ripper3785

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jenn0625
Thank you. I'm not 100% certain that AS will allow me to pay for a buy one get one set of tickets using my wallet funds and the companion fare code together. I tried booking a dummy flight last night using the companion fare code, and the option to use "my wallet" as a source of payment for the tickets was not available. I'm would hate to pay for flights that will be cancelled and deposited into my wallet, only to find I can't use those funds to apply to my real set of tickets using the companion fare.
I've never had a problem using mywallet funds to book companion certificates. We book companion certificate tickets exclusively, so have many data points. You may not be seeing mywallet funds as an option for payment because you don't have anything in your mywallet yet? If you're still not comfortable, test it by buying a $25 GC for yourself and deposit it into your wallet, then try a dummy booking again?