FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage allowance on short haul Avios ticket?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:45 am
FlightDetective

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
EI awards include baggage (I believe you can also have a seat assigned by calling).
Yes, they include baggage.

Don't ask for a seat. I called EI today - "No, it's an Avios booking, you need to call Avios."

Call Avios - "No, we don't have access to seat maps at EI - EI must have been mistaken, try again." - I asked for my EI locator, got that, but same deal on the web site.

Called EI, gave the locator starting with 2, then asked for my ticket number. Avios tickets from Aer Club are on 125- BA stock, so this is no surprise. Once she pulled it up, put me on hold, came back, no we can't help you as it's an Avios ticket. Avios have to do it. I asked for her supervisor. Supervisor was "on a call" but told her definitely 100% Avios do it. She said they had people calling all the time where Avios had said to call EI and wished it would get fixed. She was really nice but...

Called Avios again. No, we definitely absolutely can't do it. Put on hold while she went to her supervisor ("our supervisors don't speak to customers"). Came back. The supervisor was going to try to force seats, did I have a choice? Yes, I did. Back on hold.

After a few more minutes, she came back, said they were going to keep trying. If it didn't work her "supervisor would call oneworld who would call EI". Since EI are not in oneworld, I see they have no clue at all. Upshot is she will call me Tuesday to see if the seats are on and if not, the 24 hour cancellation period applies.

What. A. Palaver. I know the EI agents can do it on a 125- ticket but she said "we can't do it on an Avios booking or we get in trouble". So something has changed and I lost an hour of my life to select a damned seat.

It's 2018, this is a joke! And this is buying an EI flight from an Aer Club account... I mean seriously?