FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY (master thread July 2017 onwards)
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:08 pm
ukinny2000

Originally Posted by vivrant
Really excited I was able to secure two seats for the wife and I in the First Apartments, all the way through from JFK-AUH on the 380 and then AUH-SIN on the 787..
We do have a ~11 hr layover while in AUH which we don't really mind since I'm reading that the showers are nice and there is a spa.
My question is - how should we best make use of our time during the layover? We've never been to Abu Dhabi and I think we get chauffeur service right to/from so could we theoretically take advantage of the car service to get us into town for some sight-seeing and then back to the airport? If so, any left luggage facilities we can leave our carry ons? Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I booked this using AA miles, called the Aussie # but I'm not sure if I was routed somewhere else. Cost us 115k JFK-AUH and then 50k AUH-SIN for each of us. Will get back 10% of those miles with the AAviator Credit Card.
You will only get 10% of those miles back up to 100K, i.e. max of 10K miles back.
No chauffeur service on award tickets. However, taxis into town (e.g. to see the Grand Mosque) are not too expensive (I think my ride was around 20USD equiv)