FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Predeparture Drinks / Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not? (consolidated)
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:45 pm
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I will say my PDB % has been 100% this year, which is much higher that previously and all on PMAA flights, yes its still Jan but small victories. My flights last week I had an amazing crew for the short hop, PDB of choice and were also just great the whole short flight. The next leg which was 4.5 hours we had FAs doing the "lets chat about whatever in the galley" during boarding and seemed very disinterested in doing anything else. Towards the end of boarding she brought out a tray of water, which was disappointing for a 6PM departure and on an A319 so a really small F cabin, I scowled and took a water and while I thought about asking for a G&T the vibe I got from the FA made me think it wouldn't go well and I didn't want to make a scene. To my utter surprise she came back around after the water and offered us all PDB of choice which was appreciated, service was meh on the flight in that I had to use the call button several times as they were in the galley on their phones right after meal service but they did respond and weren't overtly hostile about it. I am cautiously optimistic that the FAs are starting to get the message that PDBs are something they should be doing and this thread won't be needed much longer or at least get fewer posts