View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 18, 3:53 pm
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 50,270
The term "travel insurance" means many things. If you really can't sustain the risk that your bag might arrive a day late or that you might need to pay for a meal here and there, then you need a comprehensive policy which covers everything which could go wrong on a trip. Those tend not to be worth the money.

But, you should think about health care costs and medical evacuation. Some countries will not admit you without proof of coverage and in others, the standard may be that you pay cash and then submit to insurance on your return. Medical evacuation by air ambulance from Europe to the US can easily cost $120K. And, what about a companion who needs to stay and help out or someone who can't fly for a month but just needs a hotel?

The problem with many of the posts here is that they are generic and do not address any specific issue.
Often1 is offline