FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham to buy La Quinta
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:14 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Are there any WOW aspirational La Quinta properties?

Maybe one with ocean front accommodations.
I doubt it. Are there WOW aspirational Comfort Inn properties? WOW Aspirational Holiday Inn Express properties? WOW Aspirational Wingate by Wyndham properties?

La Quinta is in a similar hotel "space" as those brands. You're much more likely to find them at airport locations than any other type of location. To rule it out, you'd have to go through this whole list:

La Quinta Inns & Suites - Hotel Directory, Hotel Locations by State

and check maps for cities on the ocean one by one. But the ones I checked, even when they're in a city on the ocean, the La Quinta property is not at the ocean front itself.

What makes it good for WyndhamRewards members is simply that they're at about Wingate by Wyndham level, and thus above Travelodge / Days Inn / etc level. WR has too few brands even at the Wingate by Wyndham level.

So I see it as more of a decent new brand to stay and earn WR points at, rather than a brand to redeem WR points at.

I got acquainted with La Quinta a few years ago when it had consistent promos of 1000 UA miles for a single-night stay (with room rates often under $100). Then they reduced that to 750 UA miles, and then sometime last year even that stopped working reliably (in terms of transfering to UA).. Their IT is pretty messed up. Thankfully that'll disappear in this merger.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 18, 2018 at 8:19 pm