FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Honeymoon to Remember: Hong Kong, Thailand, and Japan in Style
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:13 pm
chandu2013

Programs: Krisflyer PPS Club, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Anlun
@chandu2013 No worries and no apologies necessary. But ....Anantara Siam is not the hotel I stayed at or reference in my report. We stayed at, and my report discusses, The Siam Hotel, located at Khao Rd, Khwaeng Wachira Phayaban, Khet Dusit, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10300. The Siam Hotel is by the river, Anantara Siam is not. I believe Anantara is close to the St. Regis, near the city center by a park and close to an MRT (skyrail) stop. You might be confused because I did stay at the Anantara in Chiang Mai, not in Bangkok, and I did stay in the Anantara Suite there.

@GiantCow Reservations are not difficult for Ukatei. I've never had a problem making one, and it's not one of the "must-be-a-regular policy" restaurants. In fact, the first time I went was due to a last minute recommendation from a couple we started talking to while eating at Sushi Kanesaka. We wanted to eat at the restaurant on our last night and just showed up and they sat us (although I did have to give a sob story). You are also correct on the Burberry Blue/Black Label explanation. It seemed too long winded to include in report so I just gave the gist, and figured no one would correct or care. I should have known better!

@Anlun - Thank you! That explains it!