Old Jan 18, 18, 1:38 pm
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by His Grace The Duke Of Twickenham View Post
They are being exceedingly efficient in that regard.

It's a great program, however. Considerably better than Hyatt or Starwood/Marriott in my opinion and with better hotels.

Wife always has a big smile when I tell her we're staying at an IC. Wish the benefits were extended to CPs and Kimpton
when there are no ICs in the area.
I am not sure it is anymore, it definitely used to be but following the changes last year it seems much more comparable especially the upgrade cap at many properties, which makes it far less worthwhile to pay for better rooms and suites. I can categorically say that I had better experiences overall in 2017 with Starwood and Marriott than I had in IC's as a RA and far better value for money. My suite upgrade rate at Marriott ran to around 90% of my stays rather than the less than 10% I had at IC's.

There are some really crappy IC's in amongst the good too, I spent my time in more than my fair share of them last year in Amsterdam, Doha, Frankfurt, London (both), Bangkok etc. Room upgrades seem to be worse, the footprint is tiny and doesn't really meet my total needs meaning that I NEED to have status in another chain. The only remaining unique and worthwhile benefit is the minibar and I am coming to the conclusion it really isn't worth that much.

Despite renewing RA I still have no IC stays booked this year and I am not hugely inclined to book any.