Old Jan 17, 18, 8:12 pm
CALlegacy

Originally Posted by COSPILOT View Post
I think you answered your own question. Not much a parent can do with a screaming baby. 99% of the time my kids were perfect angles when they were young, but that other 1% made me want to pull my own hair out... It happens, and there is nothing you can do while traveling in a metal tube at 35K. Out of curiosity, what exactly did you expect the parent to do?
That could depend, but with babies starters are feed them, change their diapers, hold them, walk around with them, give them something to bite for teething, distract them with a toy, etc. There is in fact a lot a parent can do with a screaming baby and sometimes nothing that can be done. Babies scream for reasons such as being in pain, being hungry, being frightened, teething, etc. Ear infections, colic, etc. may not be fixable in the air. Ear pain from changing air pressure can be helped by feeding, nursing even better. Who knows? But some parents are either clueless or lazy and other times the parent is doing everything humanly possible and it doesn't work.