FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aerospace Bristol (Concorde museum) visit and DO | 24 Feb 2018
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:31 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Okay, SOTA (Steak of the Art) now confirmed as well. ^

From 19:45 onwards we can have the private room in the back until 22:45 when they will want to clean up and get ready to close for the day.

As we are a rather large group, they have asked us to make our choices in advance, which is understandable and aids having the meals all ready at the same time...Hope this will be okay. So, I'll ask that people look at the two attached menu images for those that find this most convenient OR you can obviously also go to their website if you want larger images to save to your computer or phone for later viewing and deciding...

The (evening meal) menu (in pdf format): https://steakoftheart.co.uk/images/u...Spring2017.pdf

The dessert menu: (in pdf format): https://steakoftheart.co.uk/images/u...nu-2017-01.pdf

Main A la Carte Menu.

Dessert Menu

There is no deposit to pay to have access to this lovely private room, nor to order the food in advance, which is brilliant! So, you'll only have to pay on the night for the meal costs.

They've given me an excel sheet to fill out with everyone's choices...I'll do that and for now can just use FT handles for the names...but I'll need to know the following info please (and get it all back to them about a week before the DO...so you have 2-3 weeks to decide and then just PM me with your choices please so we don't have to clog up this thread or post our eating habits to the FT world!!! (unless you like that kind of thing, then please be my guest!)

Food items you'll need to inform them about in advance please:

1. Any Starter you wish to have
2. Your main course choice
3. Should it be appropriate to the main course, you'll need to state how you wish it cooked (rare, medium, etc...)
4. If you have a steak or something from the grill headings, what should that be served with (chips, salad, sweet potato fries for example, see menu heading for details please)
5. Any dessert you would like to have
6. Should you have any additional info they should know about (food allergies for example)
7. Any sauces you'd like (see the menu heading sauces for this, peppercorn for example.)
8. If you wish to have any sides, which ones...(please state, again from the sides heading as most things are a la carte unless stated otherwise)

I'll take the PM info you send me and add it to the excel sheet and get that back to SOTA a week before the evening of our DO. (16th Feb., a Friday) From experience of this type of thing at Christmas work DO's and such, I'll bring a copy of what everyone chose on the day as we'll all need reminding I'm sure!

I've amended the wiki to reflect the current timings (19:45 start at SOTA) and moved the informal drinks bit earlier (starting from 18:30) to allow those that wish to meet up at the Watershed to have a chat and a drink (alcoholic or non, plenty of choice of both)...I'll be there to greet everyone at the Watershed upstairs (to your right as you get up the stairs...where the bar area is and should be generally just to the immediate right as you enter that bar area as that is where the most room is and some stand up longer tables are. I'll have a couple of FT A4 sized printouts put on the table(s) to mark out our territory and then around an hour later (19:30 or so) we'll need to make our way slowly over to SOTA (about a 5 to 10 minute walk, 0.3 of a mile apparently) for the main evening meal. Please do feel free to just come to the evening meal if you so wish, there is no pressure to come to the drinks beforehand (or to the meal if you simply want to stop by and say hi and meet some fellow travel mad people!) I would ask that everyone that wants to eat is at SOTA by 8 PM at the latest to ensure we can all get our meals on time and that nothing goes cold!

Hope that covers everything for now, should anyone have any questions, please do just post or PM me and I'll happily get back to you.

Thanks for your help in advance for getting your food choices back to me when you can please.

BotB