FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:08 am
DieselYVR

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by DieselYVR
I am also facing similar issues with currency conversion and conflicting email/acct information. I had some late December nights at Paris Le Grand that I thought would push me over the required spend. I've been RA for the last two years but did have a slower year in 2017. Here is a summary of my issues:

Jan 3 - Checked the app and I was still RA.
Jan 7 - Received email from IC Saigon welcoming me as RA
Jan 8 - Received email from IC Saigon welcoming me as Spire Amb
Jan 9 - Checked into IC Saigon and was informed that I had been downgraded.
Jan 10 - Checked out from IC Saigon
Jan 12 - Received email confirming my RA renewal
Jan 12 - Checked into IC GS HK and was granted RA privileges upon showing the team the email. They mentioned this has been happening to many guests
Jan 15 - Checked in IC SZ and again had to discuss with the team. RA privileges granted after a bit of an internal debate between the staff.

I've called the IHG line twice (12 and 15 Jan) and they said they needed more time to review my case. I should be just over $10k with the correct currency exchange rates and my late December stay in Paris. I also have around $3500 worth of stays booked in January so I'm hoping they take this into consideration.

For those who are downgraded some advance communication would have been nice. What a disastrous handling of this!

I'll update here once I know the final result.
RA confirmed this morning through December 2018.