FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Honeymoon to Remember: Hong Kong, Thailand, and Japan in Style
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:21 pm
chandu2013

Programs: Krisflyer PPS Club, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
[QUOTE=Anlun;29186444]
//The ride to The Siam from the airport took about an hour. I have read a number of FT posts about The Siam’s location, but honestly, we didn’t mind. However, for those reading and considering a stay, I will say that The Siam is located on the river, but farther north than the city center. In a normal city, with a well-funded public transportation system, and policies to limit traffic, this would not be a problem. Bangkok is not one of those cities. The skyrail system only goes to a few locations, and does not have many stops that go northwest (none close to the Siam). The Siam, like all the hotels located by the river, offers free boat ferries to any pier location on the river, and there is a skyrail stop about 30 minutes down river. Thus, if you want to go southeast from The Siam, you would likely take the boat for 30 minutes, then walk for approximately 10 minutes from the pier to the skyrail, and then take the skyrail. This is obviously not ideal for people who have reservations (read on for our harrowing journey to Gaggan), or need to be somewhere quickly, but for us it typically wasn’t a problem, and the benefits of staying at the Siam more than make up for its location.//

Apologies if I am being a knob about this - we have a reservation at Gaggan in May and planning on staying at the Siam. Just to clarify, this is the Anantara Siam? Because I'm looking at Google Maps and the distance is about 2.3 miles (3.7km). Walking directions show ~1.5km. Am I missing something? Gaggan doesn't seem to be 5.5 miles away from the hotel. Also, i don't really see Siam as being on the river. This is the address, right?

Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, 155 Ratchadamri Rd, Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand