FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer between PG and EY on separate tickets
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:45 pm
SQ319

Originally Posted by croomes
We are arriving on Bangkok Airways from Koh Samui and will have approx 2.5hrs to transfer at Changi onto our Etihad flight which is on a separate ticket. I have managed to get Bangkok to check baggage through on Etihad in the past even with separate tickets which I will ask them try again this time, however, just in case they can’t/won’t......is it a simple operation to get our luggage at T1 and check back in at T2 within 2.5hrs? Thanks
2.5hours is more than sufficient for you to pick up your luggage, head upstairs to the departure hall, take the sky train to T2, check-in your luggage with time for spare. From touch down to checking in for your EY flight shouldn't take more than 1 hour.

Personally I wouldn't waste time at the transfer desk, as they may or may not be able to help you transfer your luggage while you remain airside, so I rather just maximise my time to pick up the luggage and do it myself but that's my personal opinion.