FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:00 pm
HKGglobaltrotter

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by QRC3288
End of the day, most of what we receive has to do with how much CX is willing to pay per head. Not necessarily the caterer.

Although I *bet* Plaza Premium throws out lower bids overall than Peninsula, and in general isn't as image-conscious as Peninsula / HKSH. No doubt PP says they can deliver the same service at lower cost. Deep down I'm sure whoever at CX is receiving this pitch knows it's a bit false, but you wink wink and nod and lie to yourself that you can actually cut costs without sacrificing quality. Which of course is usually not true.

I'm not familiar with Sodexo. But end of the day I suspect it all comes down to how much CX is willing to pay per head. Given new management at CX, and frankly some possibly *good* changes (canned the knee jerk DoD, introducing duvets, hot meals return on some TPE flights, etc), I wonder if we might be pleasantly surprised. Or I could just be dreaming.
I have heard Sodexo currently provides catering at UA and AF lounges at HKIA. I have not been to either so I don't know how good/bad they are. Though you mentioned, it's all down to individual airline's budget so one can only wait and hope it will be an improvement (Wishful thinking? haha)