FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in US after introduction of Basic Economy - question?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:09 am
Danusa86

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
First time in US after introduction of Basic Economy - question?

Hi All,

I'm a European based member who is SkyTeam Elite+ thanks to an Air France Gold membership.

During my previous trips to the U.S. I've flown many times with Delta and enjoyed SkyPriority services thanks to the SE+ card.

I will be coming back soon and I need to book a flight from Edmonton, Canada to San Diego, California. Now, I can choose whether book a basic economy fare (E) or main cabin (T). I don't know basic economy that well so I'd like to ask you a question:

Provided that I'm not too fussed about not being able to have a preferred seat (short flight) or upgrade (unlikely anyway given the low priority given to AF Golds), all I'd like to know is

1) Do Basic Economy flyers who have a SE+ card still enjoy SkyClub access? (I'm entitled as this is an international itinerary, just not sure if the E class changes anything, not mentioned on Delta's website)

2) Will I still be able to check a bag free of charge (as I'm entitled to according to SkyTeam rules)?

Thank you very much!