FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EQM's for mileage redemptions on BA?
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:02 pm
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
EQM's for mileage redemptions on BA?

Last year I flew RT on BA to Venice, and also BA to Rome in F, both using miles. I did not pay anything except for the tax. I did it once in January, and once a few months later. I was stunned to see about 28-35k EQM's EQM listed on my account. It made me happy, but I thought it must have been a mistake. I figured that I was going to get a phone call, or an email saying this was a mistake, but I never did.

That helped me qualify as EXP by July of last year (about 15 years running). I know that rules are changing for AAdvantage, but this was early last year and to my knowledge, they hadn't changed yet, and I never heard of this one.

I didn't want to call them and ask them to take away the EQM's because I thought I'd see an adjustment, but it never happened. This stunned me, but I'm not complaining. Does one now get EQM's by certain milage redemptions? It is exactly what happened: two redemptions, one on AA: FCO-PHL-FCO-VCE and if my recollection is correct, other was something similar, but ending on FCO. I don't remember who I flew with TATL. Probably BA.

If one can do this and it wasn't a mistake both times, it will certainly change my flying patterns. Was this a mistake? I've never heard of this possibility.