FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Shanghai Jingan [Master Thread]
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:39 pm
fangtl

I stayed here Christmas Eve 2017. We had an early arrival and the hotel accommodated w/ a 10AM check in. Booked as a baby-platinum using FHR, and I was not upgraded, even though suites were still being sold, no complaints…I was just there for one night.

I think the room was ok. For a new property, I noticed some water damage in the bathroom, and like many hotels in China, it had a slight sewage smell.

The receptionist, and the wait staff at the restaurants were generally good. However, like many have mentioned on TA and here, the overall service leaves a lot to be desired. For example, the doormen and the bellhop are completely inactive, they stand around like bodyguards, but they do not open doors or proactively take your luggage.

I still attribute a lot of these to growing pains. However, it’s a night and day difference between the St. Regis and something like the Peninsula, the two are not even on the same level. I think this location is a great place to be in Shanghai, and hopefully, they will continue to make improvements.

Last edited by fangtl; Jan 12, 2018 at 2:38 pm Reason: double spacing