FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flagged Visa
Thread: Flagged Visa
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:05 am
wallop

Flagged Visa

Hello all,

My apologise if this has been brought up before, But hopefully someone would be able to steer me right.

Sept last year I was in the states and had a argument in a hotel room with my girlfriend, Someone reported to the hotel reception and they called the police, to which i was arrested (Much to my amazement) and subsequently after 3 months the case was dismissed, I was never convicted of any crime. I have all relevant paperwork to show the dismissal.

My issue, I work as a commercial airline pilot, I fly to the states at least 4/5 times per month, each time I have to go into secondary inspections, It's making my life extremely difficult to the point where I'm about to quit my job. Is there any way/tips on how i can get this flag removed.

I have written to Redress and I got a reply which was pretty vague, They can neither deny or confirm if I am on any watchlist.

Also I have applied for Global entry, i passed all screenings so far, just need to do the interview which is scheduled for this month. ( could this help?)

I am a UK citizen, I am no threat to the united states, I fly 350 people to the states each flight.

One petty argument has pretty much ruined my whole career.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.