FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our week in Israel via Lufthansa and American First Class
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:25 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The humility you show during your extreme hardship on the LAX/YUL flight is impressive, not to mention how you could have possibly survived the "new" LAX lounge. That said, the füd you were served on the segment was likely better than what AA served me last Sunday on EZE/MIA up front. It is nice to see that the LH front cabin has kept up an excellent product, even on the segments with seats that you hate (even though the majority of the plane, behind the curtain, was jealous of the opulent splendor you were experiencing in those quasi-Y seats).
LOL. Thanks Eastbay1K.

Originally Posted by seat38a
Oh WOW, I was at the LAX Maple Leaf Lounge on Christmas Day. It didn't even dawn on me to look for the soda fridge. I just assumed they didn't have any. We actually packed it up and walked over to the United Club instead of sticking it out at the MLL. We only had to deal with a gate agent who was a total "bleep" on our flight to YVR. How do they forget to cater a flight out of LAX!!!
Thank you seat38a. The soda fridge thing was strange. I walked around a couple of times before taking a closer look at those undercounter storage units. Really bizarre. Good idea about the United Club. The new T7 club is outstanding.

Originally Posted by fotographer
this is great, how do you remember to keep taking pictures, I tried once, and well, that is the reason why I dont have a trip report
Thanks very much fotographer. I've been taking pics on trips for so long that I guess it's just a normal part of the routine.

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
As usual, I'm finding an SFO777 TR great partly for the more luxurious segments - particularly since my wife and I will fly LH F and spend some time in the FRA F terminal later this year. But in addition, what's setting apart this TR and making it even more interesting is your scrambling to deal with the hassles that Mother Nature and AC threw your way. Kudos on all that. Speaking of which, did you make your last-minute adjustments in your connecting and TATL flights via award availability alerts you received, or were you simply regularly checking a relevant site(s) to see what was opening up? And in either event, which site(s) did you use...EF? Awardnexus? Others? Happy trails for the rest of the trip!
Thanks so much Thunderroad. When it all hit the fan, I took a look at EF and then searched via the usual suspects where I have mileage or can transfer instantly. Since we were on UA MP awards, I started there. Then AA and FB just to make sure I saw all the options.

Originally Posted by Taoyuan
Did you try the TK lounge at IAD?
Just walked by but if I'd had my wits about me, I should have checked it out. Thanks Taoyuan.

Originally Posted by nequine
A great start to your latest TR. Looking forward to reading the rest. I loved your idea of sending home your winter clothing!
Thank you nequine. We just didn't want to schlepp a useless bag around or be constrained in the event of IRROPS anywhere along the way.

Originally Posted by blueline7
When reading your report on the AC business class segment, all I could think of was, thank god he isn't on AC Rouge!
That being said, as a Canadian who was raised to avoid Air Canada and who learned to loathe it, their new business class seat is actually world class IMHO.
I always enjoy your reports. Thanks very much!
I see that Mrs. SFO permitted you to picture her on this trip. Congrats
Thanks very much blueline7. LOL on the Rouge thing, although our SFO son got to experience that joy on his YUL-LAS flight.
Yeah, that YUL-BRU option we had booked for a while was a 788 and the new J seat.

Originally Posted by Mats
Fantastic!
I think I got shivers just reading about Dorval, then the photos proved how unthinkably cold it must have been!
Indeed, Lufthansa on the 747-8 is fantastic. I had such a good flight a few weeks ago.
I eagerly await photos and descriptions of Israel. Happy landings, as always.
Thank you Mats. It was crazy cold but they don't know how to handle cold and snow. Pretty cool airport experience with heated jet bridges and the in terminal Marriott.