FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class and First Class with children [Merged Threads]
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:22 pm
ennsy

Flying J with lap infants

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice on an upcoming trip, my wife and I are taking the two kids to Europe. Kids will be 23 months and 11 months when we fly. All of our flights are in J as we thought it would be more comfortable for us to have more space.
Do any of you who have flown J with a lap infant before have any advice you can pass on that made your trip easier? Or something you learned that you would do differently next time? Does flying J vs Y make you do anything differently?
A couple things I'm concerned about are eating, is there enough room with table setup for the kids to be on our laps? Also, nap time, how do you handle this on the long transatlantic flights? Some people have said to ask the FA if they can make a bed for you in an empty J seat, that seems like a smart move, what if that isn't an option?
Obviously we will deal with whatever we have to but if any of you have done this before we would appreciate any tips or advice.

Thank you for your help

Note: I'm not looking to debate "kids in premium cabins" or "buy your kids their own seat"