FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - April trip advice
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:54 am
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by NDtraveler
My wife and I are going April 4 - 17.

Here is our current plan with Rome and Amalfi set in stone (we are meeting another couple)

Arrive into Milan (2) days and will do a day trip to Cinque Terre, or should we do another day trip and do Cinque Terre from Florence?
Train to Rome (3 nights)
Train to Amalfi Coast (2 nights)
Train To Venice (2 nights)
Train to Florence (2 nights)
Train to Rome (1 night) - just to catch our flight out. I scored Rome - DFW in American business class so I don't want to change this.

Questions

1. Should we start our trip somewhere else? I used United miles on LH so we can fly into other cities. One friend suggest flying into Venice for two nights
2. Should we scrap Venice and do 4 nights in Florence?

Hotels: Thanks to the Marriott merger with Starwood, all hotels are free using Marriott points. Rome and Amalfi are VRBO with the other couple. Our last night in Rome is actually free because of a promotion offering Cat 1- 5 hotel for free.
About us: We are very active and love vacations on the go. My wife has never been to Italy and I have many years ago.

Let me know what you think!
Thanks
I suggest scrapping Florence and spending 4 nights in Venice. There are excellent Starwood choices in Venice. As your wife has never been to Italy, I believe she will find Venice to be a unique and wonderful experience. Nice time to be in Venice, as it will not be choked with tourists.