FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:59 am
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I never tip at the start of any stay. I always tip at the end. Which avoids your scenario.

Wow, you stayed at all three? I'd LOVE to hear your comparative thoughts. You should do a comparison/contrast Expert Review (like I did with Imperial vs Bristol and Imperial vs PH vs Sacher in Vienna).

I obviously find the StR to be the best. The RC neighborhood isn't as exciting or convenient to me, and its more traditional decor even after renovation is odd--in a very progressive city where that seems less appropriate. Anyone not staying in a RC Club room also gets subpar service for a luxury hotel IMO, and that's a big turn off for me with most RC hotels. The FS also seems more staid and less exciting, with pretty boring decor and no sense of edge or chicness--and disappointing F/B. It's fine but nothing special. I also think the StR has the best and most genuine service and most amazing F/B...by far.
Haha, you're probably right! I was going to tip on both ends but ended up just giving rest of the tips to Housekeeping only and not her. She never checked up on us...our butler at St. Regis Maldives was the opposite...we saw him daily and he really looked after us and was as proactive as he could possibly be. But again, I think North American Hospitality is just sub-par.

Yeah, will try to do a write up of the 3 at some point