FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-DXB - buyup offer is for $900 one way to upgrade to J. Good deal?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:22 am
Will08

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is no context provided, such as what the price would have been at time of purchase, whether the person would have purchased at that cost etc

If it was with a $800 fare , then the one way fare is increasing 3.25 times from $400 to $1300. In the end, the only thing that matters is whether someone feels it is worth paying that multiple of the fare for the additional comfort.

Also , of course, no chauffeur service, lounge access or additional luggage allowance iirc

Looking at published fares it seems to be a lot cheaper than it would have been to book business class at the time. Looking on EF, looks like lowest fares are around $5475 r/t , so $2735.5 o/w

$1300 is a lot lower, so seems good value for a business class ticket ---- in the end, only the passenger can decde whether it is worthwhile for the passenger
I get your point but all the information you have alluded to will be in the email offer, no CD, lounge etc.. By context I was referring to the OP/OPs friend not knowing if it is a good deal or not as it isn't comparable to a normal Business class ticket. Knowing the going rate for such offers on alternative routes helps build a picture. If I know it'd cost me £800 to go DXB-AKL I would be more inclined to pay 900 dollars for this offer.