FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stay Report: Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel Oslo 2018 Including Detailed Strategy
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:17 am
Konismarck

Stay Report: Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel Oslo 2018 Including Detailed Strategy

Check In January 11, 2018Albert K. FieldRadisson Blu hotel is of central location in the city of Oslo, however, the hotel's ground floor is not under the hands of a great management team, or to some extend it looks rather abandoned as the bars and shops remain closed most of the day. The hotel has been through major renovations from their lobby to their guest rooms, upon check in the receptionist was decent, as per Scandinavian custom, nothing extra. She first assigned me a room without asking anything, just handed me the key card, and it was on the 15th floor,while the building has 22 floors, I used the phone line in the room to contacted the service team asking for a room at a higher floor, it was agreed on the phone and I was asked to went down to changed it. Another older male receptionist did the change while the previous female receptionist is chitchatting with her colleagues behind the reception area. They gave me a room facing the other side of the city at the 22rd floor, and throughout this whole process, none of them mention anything with my gold status with Club Carlson program, alright then. Room January 11, 2018Albert K. FieldRadisson Blu hotel is of central location in the city of Oslo, however, the hotel's ground floor is not under the hands of a great management team, or to some extend it looks rather abandoned as the bars and shops remain closed most of the day. The hotel has been through major renovations from their lobby to their guest rooms, upon check in the receptionist was decent, as per Scandinavian custom, nothing extra. She first assigned me a room without asking anything, just handed me the key card, and it was on the 15th floor,while the building has 22 floors, I used the phone line in the room to contacted the service team asking for a room at a higher floor, it was agreed on the phone and I was asked to went down to changed it. Another older male receptionist did the change while the previous female receptionist is chitchatting with her colleagues behind the reception area. They gave me a room facing the other side of the city at the 22rd floor, and throughout this whole process, none of them mention anything with my gold status with Club Carlson program, alright then.Room: The room is the same with my last review of this property at Stay Report: Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel Oslo, I will try to feature everything in detail this time, including the good and the bad, the entrance area is rather tight, but also comes with many functionalities, the safe and the minibar and the closest is tightly packed together leaving the space of only one person to walk to the bed. The bed looks comfortable and clean, and the new design gives it a cosmopolitan look the leather sofa chair and is a good complement to the squared carpet design. Besides the mesmerising view outside the window is to die for.The desk is also of marble material, with the unique mirror college together, it's very instagramable.Toiletry: One thing I would like to point out with Radisson is their amenities, It's great and works fine, but I am starting to get tired of seeing them again, compared to many other hotel chains, they started to look old and somewhat cheap now, the minimalistic design and small quantity in display makes amenities from Intercontinental or Hilton more luxurious and maybe of higher quality. The shower looks neat and spacious, nothing bad but not too surprising either. Overall Bottom Line:I would only give 6/10 for this property as they lack loyalty program management as well as the fact they always forget to deliver welcome gifts for gold members and above.It's rather important for me to have a stay in January since all of the promotions Club Carlson has rolled out for this period, take the look at all the promotion I have combined to maximise points earning below: Promotions to combine with: 1). Earn 3,000 Bonus Gold Points when you complete a stay booked via the Club CarlsonSM mobile app.(One time only) Register Link 2). (Targeted) 15,000 Bonus Points For A Stay. Register Link 3). (Targeted) If you don't have any status with them, earn Elite Silver status when you complete one stay by January 31, 2018. Register Link 4). (Targeted) Earn a 50% off e-certificate when you complete one stay by January 31, 2018. Register Link 5). The crazy promotion offer that requires tons of stays which I wouldn't recommend: Earn up to 120,000 bonus points for your stays through January 31, 2018. Register Link Here’s how it works:Stay five nights to earn 10,000 bonus points.Stay another five nights to earn an additional 15,000 bonus points.Stay another five nights to earn an additional 25,000 bonus points.Stay another 15 nights to earn an additional 70,000 bonus points. For me personally, I have earned over 20,000 gold points for this one night stay as well as a 50% off e-certificate for up to 2 nights at one of their category 1-5 prop ties, I would say it's very much worthy, as the best Radisson Property like The MayFair Hotel London costs 70,000 points one night, and this has made it easier to get rewards nights. Posts your points earning experience with Club Carlson Promotion this year. As always, stay tuned.