FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:36 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
It wasn't a huge deal but it just started off with a bad taste...after tipping (for walking us to the room), I'd thought she would at least be happy enough to bring the coffee that she suggested However, we called daily (am + pm) like you've stated and it was all great! I would definitely suggest St. Regis to all my clients.
I never tip at the start of any stay. I always tip at the end. Which avoids your scenario.

We also tried out FS and RC just to compare and thought St. Regis was MUCH better.
Wow, you stayed at all three? I'd LOVE to hear your comparative thoughts. You should do a comparison/contrast Expert Review (like I did with Imperial vs Bristol and Imperial vs PH vs Sacher in Vienna).

I obviously find the StR to be the best. The RC neighborhood isn't as exciting or convenient to me, and its more traditional decor even after renovation is odd--in a very progressive city where that seems less appropriate. Anyone not staying in a RC Club room also gets subpar service for a luxury hotel IMO, and that's a big turn off for me with most RC hotels. The FS also seems more staid and less exciting, with pretty boring decor and no sense of edge or chicness--and disappointing F/B. It's fine but nothing special. I also think the StR has the best and most genuine service and most amazing F/B...by far.