FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:36 am
BlueZebra

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by sahiljain22
You are correct about expectations and who should get priority. But let me ask you this in return, if you paid last minute for a hotel in $$, would you be satisfied to not get an "expected" service? At one point, I was very close to paying $1200 for the only terrace room open in inventory. If anything, I would have assumed that it got me the cabana rather than someone who booked 11 months ago and paid a much less price. In my opinion, hotels like these charge for an experience, and that should stay consistent. If a hotel can't provide a service, then just make it clear like they do when the pools or elevators don't work.

Agreed, not complaining. Just posting. I would have still given this property a 3.5 or 4 star.
Wow! The cabana rental has nothing to do with what you paid for your room, or when you booked it. The cabana is booked on a first come first service basis. Just how do you propose to tell that person who booked that cabana X months ago, that this other, last minute, self important booker, gets your cabana, and you are SOL? Is the "experience" you expect based on pushing people around based on the rate you paid for your room? Does that person who booked the cabana X months ago have a right to expect a lower level "experience"?

Something else you don't know- that cabana has pre-set rates. High season, the rate almost doubles. As I recall, the standard cabanas are $350 in normal season, $600 in high season.

All I can say is WOW!