FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:02 am
shahr04360

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I would really like to know if that means 5x base points only (60x per dollar for Spire elite?) or 5x total points (100x points per dollar for Spire elite) that would make a big difference. After reading below I’m still not sure what a Spire elite would earn ... I have tweeted IHG for their interpretation, they said they would have to get back to me regarding this. Looks to be YMMV at the moment
Maybe Clause 10 & 12 have explained and give the answer.
10. The 5X Points Award will be calculated on the room rate only, and will not include any other charges billed to your hotel room portfolio. To receive the 5X Points Award, your IHG Rewards Club number must be added to your reservation before check-out at the hotel. IHG Rewards Club Members with a miles earning preference will earn Points.
12. The 5X Points Award for a valid Program claim will not exceed 40,000 points. The portion of the 5X Points Award that is above and beyond what you otherwise would have earned on the room rate for your stay, will be awarded as bonus points and will not count towards your IHG Rewards Club membership tier status. The 5X Points Award will have no effect on, nor be affected by, the points you would otherwise earn for your hotel stay, pursuant to the IHG Rewards Club Terms and Conditions.