FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WT Improvements
Thread: WT Improvements
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:36 am
RobDBA

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
I was looking at a one-way economy fare from LHR-LAX this month and only £1709! For that amount, it better be some, "think of what Samuel L. Jackson would say", ice cream

Introducing ice cream in January doesn't seem the best thing to be honest. Last time I remember having some in Y was on a Virgin Atlantic flight to MCO.
I find Graze products to overpriced for the minimal amount you get, although I will give them credit on the range they do especially if you can select what you want.

As for any snacks in economy, it doesn't really bother me as 99% of the time I refuse them anyway. Happier with my liberated piece of fruit from a lounge (should I not have stuffed myself previously) than some sugary or high carb offering.

Still, a step in the right direction for those who like this sort of thing.
This is well timed for my first Y flight in a year or so to Bangkok at the end of the month - maybe different for you but a piece of fruit from the lounge isn't going to fill me up as an addition to a Y meal on a 12 hour flight! I don't want to have to be thinking about taking extra food with me on a long flight and this sounds like it will fill the hole.

(Also - Never book a one way long haul with cash! Either use avios or just book a return fare (including a Saturday night) and don't use the second flight - LAX showing up as £415 for a return flying Jan 24th (and a number of other Jan dates) coming back on a random date in March, that barely pays for the ice cream alone once taxes are paid!)