FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WT Improvements
Thread: WT Improvements
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:44 am
Egoldstein

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
Speaking as someone who takes Y Long Haul on a regular basis due to company policy (approximately one to two trips monthly, locations such as JNB, ORD, DEL, and IAD very common), I think these changes are very positive. For long haul day-time flights, the addition of ice cream or a snack helps to break the monotony of the long period between the meal at take off early in the flight and anything at the end of the flight. In addition, the cheese and biscuits and bottle of water are most welcomed and will definitely be noticed by those who take BA regularly.

Yes, it is the case that this simply returns BA to service levels before the more extreme recent cuts, and now seems to match service levels on other airlines like AA/VS, it is notable as a signal that management has realised they went too far with the penny pinching, and seem to be allowing the customer experience person to front the changes.

I was on a flight to ACC about a month ago (op up to WTP) and found these changes in place (except maybe for pretzels). Was also interested on this route that they served a locally spiced chicken and rice dish that almost blew my taste buds off, it was so spicy.