FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Airport - Post Baggage Claim Terminal Transfer
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:08 am
Reds2011

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by ss1710
I will be flying into DXB on a Jet Airways flight which I suppose is arriving at Terminal 1. I need to meet a group who are arriving on an Emirates flight at Terminal 3. I assume that I am unable to collect my bags and then transfer to Terminal 3 arrivals without leaving the airport, but is there anyway to get to baggage claim at Terminal 3 after leaving the airport? I am not technically supposed to leave the airport so I was also wondering what exactly the situation after baggage claim is, is there room to sit for a while or is it more like I'd have to directly exit? I'll have to find them and I won't be able to contact anyone in the group. I know this is all a bit confusing, but anything helps!
There are a few confusing things about this post...

Not supposed to leave the airport, but you are staying in Dubai..?

To answer your question - there is lots of room at baggage claim, you could hang around after picking up your luggage in T1. As baggage claim at both terminals is within the customs zone, there is no way you can enter the baggage claim area at T3. Once you walk through the customs gate you cannot come back in. As @747FC mentioned - meet at the hotel.

You only other option is to collect your bags, exit T1 then get a taxi to T3 and go down to the arrival area.