FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:42 pm
aves17

Programs: AA Plat, MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Absolutely horrible 6 flight trip on all BA metal that I recently filed a complaint with online with BA. The issues included some of the worst crews I have ever encountered in 1M+ miles of travel (including a FA elbowing me in the side of the head and in the face 4 separate times and yelling at me that she will stand where she wants when I kindly asked if she could relocate or watch her arms because she was hitting me repeatedly), having a passenger sit (and sleep) in the FA jump seat directly in front of my seat and take up half the legroom of the seat while the FAs just shrugged their shoulders over the pax sitting there the entire flight, having an entire row of non-working power outlets and USB outlets, as well as the headphone jack needing to have the headphones physically taped into it to make it work on a 9 hour TATL and getting food poisoning from either the onboard catering or the BA Lounge in T5 North. Flights were a mix of Y and W with a total ticket cost of ~$1,700 and I have no status with BA, but do have OW Sapphire status (Plat with AA). Took BA 10 days to respond to my online complaint with what was largely "sorry you didn't enjoy your flights with us, we're working on getting better." Nothing offered as compensation. Who knew an airline could actually make the dumpster fire that is UA look so good?