Old Jan 8, 18, 6:14 am
reubenfairbird

Programs: UA,AA,Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy platinum
We just got back from Ziva-We were already in Cancun so I called the front desk the day before. We also booked 4 nights on points and as explorist we were offered an automatic upgrade to oceanfront room in Pyramid building. I asked if there were anymore options and he offered us an upgrade to the Turquoise bldg for $50.00 a night based on our status. Without status he said our upgrade would be $150.00 a night. The best experience we ever had at a Ziva/Zalara. Try for 3rd floor and get Ilse as your butler- she was amazing! One big negative though- our first room(on 3rd floor) the jacuzzi was full of mildew and mold in the pipes. We were in it when it all came out. Really disgusting!! They moved us to the 6th floor the next day. Also all rooms seem to have a problem with the drawers smelling like mildew-both our rooms did- we kept our clothes on the shelves instead. Plenty of storage in the closet system. Food was outstanding for an all inclusive. If I was in the pyramid, I would ask for oceanfront at the opposite end of the Habaneros restaurant( much quieter with less kids). We will be back!!