FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 DeltaOne seating, party of 3
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:06 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013
I don’t find that FEBO applies to Delta One seating. The purser simply makes his/her way through the cabin as passengers board to take meal requests. I’ve never been denied my choice in Delta One. The only choices I’ve heard denied is on Asian TPAC flights where limited Japanese (or Korean, etc.) meals are stocked and your best bet is to pre-order if you want to be assured of getting one of those meals.
My experience as well, in D1 meal requests seem to always be on an as-boarded basis. If it is TPAC and you want a Japanese/Korean meal, request it online beforehand, but still insist on seeing the menu when you board just to make sure it is something you want. The last time I requested the Japanese meal beforehand, they didn't even put a menu at my seat so I had to ask and I ended up switching. Another passenger was very happy about that as they ended up with my Japanese meal when it otherwise would have been out.

I did have one D1 flight where I was seated right by the galley and heard FAs discussing the meals they wanted before even asking passengers and mysteriously they ran out of one of the options halfway through the cabin