FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going South w/ Avianca and a little bit of Rouge
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:01 pm
iceblueshoes

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Final day in Mendoza and onwards to Santiago

The next day I woke up and felt like crap. Not from being hungover, but it felt like I had a flu bug of sorts. The only thing I can think of what it might’ve been was possibly trying the wine from the Brits. Damn.

Had I been able, I would have just stayed in all day to rest up, but I had to check out and kill time until it was time to head to the airport.

Sorry, no worthwhile pictures except this one of the fountain.

Nice place, but wish I wasn’t feeling like crap as I had wanted to go and visit a wine bar I read about earlier on.
Anyways, after killing time wandering around, it was time to go to the airport. From the hotel it was about a 25-30mins drive.
When we finally got to the airport, I noticed there was a vineyard out front…
After dropping off and checking my luggage in, it was time to kill about 2hrs before I could go through security.

Since I had so much time to kill, I took a walk back out to the parking lot to get a few closer pictures of the vineyard.

This feels so out of place

The airport is VERY small, but modern, although there’s not a whole lot to do here. There’s one restaurant and one café and a few tiny gift shops (not even any kiosks), but there is a seriously lack of seating landside. People were sitting around pretty much anywhere they could find free space.
I also don’t remember their being any wifi landside, but there was wifi past security near the gates, as well as more seats.

I wonder if he got that into the overhead bin?

Airside/past security

Waiting for the plane to arrive...The flight to Santiago is with Sky. Night and day price difference compared to Aerolineas Argentina.

The plane is pretty generic and I’m taking economy. Doesn’t seem to be much difference besides priority boarding and baggage allowances between other ticket classes.Not much to say about the flight. It was pretty uneventful, but it’s so short that it doesn’t matter much.
Sorry about the lack of photos.

Finally got to Santiago and upon arriving I took a mini bus shuttle to the hotel. The hotel will be the Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Centre. Nice place.

The lobby entrance. The concierge and front desk are to the right.

Pool area

The room while small, is really nice and modern.

Sorry about the lack of a view photo, but there’s a hill behind and that’s it. You can watch some cable cars pass by, but there’s really nothing to see. While it wasn’t super noisy, there were dogs nearby that wouldn’t shut up…

Anyways, since this hotel isn’t really near anything, I just had a soup and ate it in main the lobby lounge before calling it a night.

My intent was that the next day I will be feeling better in order to get out and explore Santiago.