FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla VGC liquidation options
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:41 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I'm not understanding the math here. Perhaps your grocery stores are different from me, but optimistically I'm making maybe $20 per card. If you calculate the time it takes to purchase the card, get to the store, wait in line, fill it out, deposit it in the bank..hardly seems worth the effort 1 at a time. I do agree about eating the fee though, and one at a time is not necessarily a bad policy for the first time at a store.
Yea time wise its a pain but where else can you unload Vanillas. I guess I could get 2 or 3 foir amounts bet $497 - 498, I just dont buy that many Vanillas, but might start since a new CC will give me 2x at a place Since Freedom in Q1 I ned to buy 3 Vanillas tops it didnt bother me doing 1 by 1 and Im not going out of my to that supermkt anyways.

Since I just purchased a new VMC I didnt remember if I could unload them so didnt want 3 ((nor could I have purchased 3 at 1 time) So I got 1 to see if all is good and it is.

The main thing is not to burn any place and since this chain isnt suppose to be taking GCs I dont want to wake up the csrs so 1 maybe 2 will be my MO at different amounts so it doesnt hit them why am I getting 2 for the same amount, yea I have tons of answers but Id rather stay below the radar