FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Koh Samui {THA}
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 18, 2:14 pm
NYCRachel

Originally Posted by AleEat View Post
Thanks for these tips, NYCRachel. Can you give me some sense of how much lead time you need to arrange a ride both with Navigo and through the concierge? And, where you able to easily get rides back to the hotel? Thanks
It really depends on where the cars physically are. I would just power up the app and see. Like I said, most are clustered around the airport, which is like 45 minutes away, but they are definitely willing to trek to the Conrad. Usually they will call you to confirm the ride (I think they get cancellations). Sometimes they'll be by Lamai Beach, which is only 20 min away.

A local taxi via the concierge usually took 15-20 minutes to arrive. Concierge taxis were usually about double what Navigo was charging.

Going home, again, I powered up the app about 20 minutes before I needed to leave and strategically called for a cab based on where they were in the map in the app. This was much easier than the pain of having to bargain with local taxis, which is a total pain and still wouldn't be as cheap as Navigo.

Last edited by NYCRachel; Jan 6, 18 at 2:21 pm