FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter Storm Grayson (US East Coast) 4th/5th - Possible Disruption
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:55 am
dewsburyborn

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
Exactly the same as any other airline affected at MAN: you're flying from an EU airport, so you'd be entitled to hotel, appropriate meals and phone calls. They may arrange it themselves, if not you can 'pay and claim'. They won't refuse, but if they do, follow the advice in the EU261 thread up to and including claiming in court.
Thanks for the input.

The AA MAN-PHL did go Friday but anticipating carnage in PHL with my MCO onward flight, the excellent MAN AA desk lady rebooked us on to the direct VS 75 MAN-MCO flight - a 747 which left half-empty, despite also picking up some of the cancelled VS MAN-JFK folks. I don;t know how full the earlier VS73 MAN-MCO was, but AA were clearly doing what they could to help out.

Interestingly, my flight was booked on a 125 ticket using BA 1600 MAN-PHL and BA 6871 PHL-MCO numbers; as an aside, any ideas as to whether I'll be getting any BA avios and TPs ? not a big deal really, just wondering - I'm very happy to be lying here at Ormond Beach FL watching the sunrise instead of being stranded higher up the east coast !