FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 NEWBIE LOUNGE Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:45 am
AI93

Originally Posted by AI93
Hi everyone,

I posted in the previous year's version of this thread last year about a botched AA journey my family and I were on returning from MCO-PHL-LHR-EDI with AA in Y. In short, a 5-hour delay in MCO resulting after the airline announced they were "waiting for a part to be chartered in from CLT" resulted in us missing our connection to LHR in PHL. Our first rerouting to EDI saw our first flight to DUB cancelled due to pilot timeout, resulting in us being forced to spend two days in PHL and having to fund a hotel and all other expenses ourselves. AA have since repeatedly refused to compensate for any expenses/costs, and have since said that both flights were delayed/cancelled due to a major weather system, giving the following information:

Following advice given here on my last visit I've twice contacted the DoT to claim AA misrepresented the reason for our delays, but on both occasions they have forwarded my complaint back to AA. Most recently they have stated they have no enforcement jurisdiction over the matter and have only been able to recommend complaining privately via the courts. AA have offered 2,000 AAdvantage miles per person which, given the amount of disruption caused to our journey and the resulting lack of explanation, seems completely disproportionate!

I'm starting to think I'm chasing a lost cause here - is there any merit in pursuing this further or other avenue of complaint to go down?

Thanks for any advice.
Apologies for the repost, but any opinions on this? Thanks.