FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Koh Samui {THA}
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:02 am
NYCRachel

Great overall time. Highly recommend. TIPS/THOUGHTS beyond that was already posted:

- Alternative transportation options: there is a Samui specific ride share app called Navigo that actually has relatively fair prices to get around the island. There are very few drivers that use the app (usually about four at a given time) and they usually cluster around the airport. If you know in advance when you want to leave the Conrad, definitely check them out and plan accordingly.

- Before I had Navigo settled I asked the concierge to arrange local taxis for me. These taxis were never really taxis (much nicer) but still cheaper than what their hotel-sanctioned limo service was charging. Navigo was still much cheaper.

- Food: Never made it to Jahn, but the food was generally good (never mind-blowing). We usually overordered in case there were a few misses (which did happen). If you like spicy food you need to plead with the server or you won't get it. Service at Zest was generally not good - especially if you eat outside. I went during peak season and they seemed understaffed and not as fluent in English as other areas of the resort. I went to breakfast there twice and twice I never received the coffee that I ordered. By contrast the service at the pool was much better, friendlier and more confident.

- Off-site:
- The snorkel/beach excursion is not a must, but nice for a change of scenery/zippy boat ride.
- Highly recommend both Bang Por Takho and Sabeinglae. Walk over to Four Monkeys for solid coffee after Bang Por. .
- Tamarind Springs - came highly recommended to me from neighbor who travels the world (her husband is a commercial airline pilot). I booked a 2.5 hour massage/springs combo, which was decadent. Definitely a unique experience that you cannot find beyond Samui.

- Manufacturered Spending Hounds: There is no ATM on-site, rather you can withdraw from the conceirge and they will charge your room or cc. Great way to earn Hilton and cc points.

- Spa: Amazing. Do it. Yes, it is insanely priced for Thailand, but rationalize it via what it would cost back home.