FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mixed cabin / class award issues, questions, discussion
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:09 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by pathologist
JJeffrey: There will be 2 of us. The flight out of LAX that you mention is business from LAX to MIA or LAX to ORD and then the Europe leg is ECONOMY. I almost booked the flight you mentioned and then noticed that the major leg of the trip was economy. You don't think it's gets better than that? I don't want to spend an extra 27,000 miles to fly economy most of the way.
Looking for 2 seats definitely makes it harder, although not impossible.

There is availability for one person in business all the way LAX-MIA-MAD-DBV. So you could book one business and one economy on the same flights, and keep looking for an add'l business seat to open up.

You could also book that one seat on the LAX-MIA-MAD-DBV routing, and another on something completely different. I see one business seat on JFK-HEL-DBV on Finnair, so it should be possible to get LAX-JFK-HEL-DBV. If another business seat opens up on either one, then call and switch the other person, which is a no fee change.

The key point is to take what's available now, as a starting point, and work towards something better as more availability comes and goes.