FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 UA MP elite status buy-up offers (for higher status than earned in 2017)
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:08 pm
schley

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Davidl81
Does anyone have an idea when UA will start to send out upgrade offers (buy up) for 2018 status? I am Silver again with only 27k miles, 40PQS, but $8500 PQD. My work travel is generally fairly last min (book within 1 week), but all super short haul (IAH-OKC, IAH-AMA etc) so I get a good amount of segments but not many actual PQM's (I usually get status on PQS not PQM and almost all on one way flights). I have had Gold in the past and when I travel with family I really enjoy the benefits of booking E+ at booking instead of at check in. I would pay a decent fee to buy up if I could ($500ish) but I am not sure if it will even be offered to me since I am just right at Silver status.
I have no idea of what the cost would be but $500 ish sounds VERY low to me to buy up to gold status for some 23k PQM needed. If you take .07 cpm which is as low as I have seen PQM it would be $1610. I was short all the way until a few hours until the ball dropped and bought up 15k as I was ill and couldn't take my scheduled trip over 100k. No anxiousness or stress and upgrades and status posted almost immediately.