FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mixed cabin / class award issues, questions, discussion
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:45 pm
knit-in

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by pathologist
Looking at booking award travel (business mileage saver) for September. In looking at what's available, it appears that mostly everything is only business or first for the US (west coast) part of the trip and economy from east coast to Europe but still charging the same amount as if the whole trip was business class. There's also awards that the trip takes 2 days to get there (no thanks). I haven't used miles in a few years, so I'm rusty on how to do this and actually quite surprised that they are charging the same amount of miles when the trip is only partially business class.
Any help would be appreciated. We are flying from San Diego to Dubrovnik (9/22) and then Budapest to SAN (10/8) on the return. I've checked LAX, SFO and PHX.
Will more award seats be released as the time gets closer? So frustrating. Found a "not optimal" flight last night but when we went to book, it said it was no longer available. GRRR!
Any suggestions?? Thanks so much.
Yeah, that's the way it's been for some time now.

Try searching for partner awards on BA/ QF/ CX, and then call AA to ticket when you find something that works for you.